The life and times of the Thornburg clan

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Nubbin Jr.

Although it doesn't look like much, this the new nubbin. I have tried to take some of the cutest pictures for loading, but it does look a little skeletal at this stage. Plus a bunch of the pictures are things like "outflow track of the heart" which I am pretty sure I am the only one that can appricate what these are showing. I didn't put in all the pictures, but all of the baby's parts (at least the ones that are visible on ultrasound) appear to be there.
These pictures are from about a month ago, the baby is about a pound now give or take (or right around 400 grams), and seems active, so things seem to be going well.



This is a "front on" picture of the face



This is the hand up by the face




This is the baby's profile. The little hand is pointing to the nose.




This is a picture of the little hand (see shadowy bones in middle).

2 comments:

p said...

Nubbin Jr is every bit as Nubbin was at the same point in time. An indication of another beautiful, smart child.

Good job.

B said...

The "straight on" one is kind of scary -- funny how you never see that kind of an ultrasound photo in an ad for prenatal care or prolife orgs. But nubbin II's little hand is cute, though.