So, it is now official, I no longer have a baby...I have a toddler.
She is very excitable about everything, and fiercely independent. Often she demands to do it herself, and is actually getting quite adept at doing things. She now can eat with a spoon, drink from a cup without spilling (most of the time), dip and eat chips (LOVES to dip), take her own bib on and off, climb in and out of chairs and the couch, open and close the fridge, etc. When she accomplishes one of these new skills, she now busts out her new phrase: "I did it!" which can be universal applied to everything. She enjoys it very much, and is very excited about telling you what she has done.
For example, yesterday she was running out from under the table yelling, "I did it!!" and then running back under. It was hysterical! She is so proud of her accomplishments. And frankly, a little self-confidence goes a long way.
JC has about a hundred words, which fortunately do not include "why" yet, but I am sure it is coming!! She does however have lots of other useful words like "me" "more" etc. Lately we have been going to Montana Mills to get a slice of bread on the way to work, and she is very good about saying "please", "thank you" and "you're welcome" to the clerks.
She is also really into animals and probably has about 25 animal noises, which she will regale you with at any time. So stop by anytime if you are unclear about what a puppy dog, rooster, sheep or bear say.
Hope to see everyone soon.
The life and times of the Thornburg clan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hello! I have been in slow internet land for awhile and have fallen WHY behind on what the Peanut and her gang are up to. I am appalled to hear that Rochester is as unsafe for pants as Detroit. That could be a sign of very grim things to come. Also, I think the failure to steal the shirt is somewhat worrisome. It probably at least could use a trip to the laundry?
Post a Comment