The life and times of the Thornburg clan

Thursday, August 9, 2007

JC the Migrant Worker





I have decided to start a blog, having been inspired by my dear sister Bethany who is currently studing in India, although I am being to think that she only went to India for the Naan. (to read about her adventures click here: http://www.binindia.blogspot.com/)

I am hoping that a regular blog will allow me to keep friends and family informed of the adventures here at the Thornburg household, or in an effort to keep myself slightly more literary than my profession would seem to allow, The Thornfield Manor happenings (Bronte fans anyone?)



In true Lacina tradition I began to introduce my daughter to the joys of manual labor and to introduce her to the need for forced fruit picking under a blazing sun. So, to that end...I took her Raspberry picking over the weekend. I will say, that my maniacal plan appears to have backfired, since she loved it. There were goats (see pictures), as well as raspberries (delicious) and flowers (see pictures above of her doing the flower sign, a sniff, which is ridiculously cute). We (I use the term loosely), picked about 7 quarts of raspberries, had some fun cavorting with the goats, and generally had a good time. I am pretty sure that her favorite part was playing with the rocks in the parking lot, which she thought were pretty fantastic. So, I am doing my part to assure that my daughter doesn't grow up privileged and without an understanding of the work of the people. So, as you can see, I am doing my part for a socialist, liberal child...please don't let her turn out to be a Republican, it would make family events SO awkward. Anyway, she is growing, playing and having a great time just being a little girl, except for the biting. That is not good. But, we are working on that....

4 comments:

B said...

Hurray for the new, cutest blog on all of blogspot.com!

And don't worry -- in a few years she'll find raspberry picking hot and tedious and then the salt-of-the-earth educational value will be increased.

p said...

wonderful site. I welcome the chance to view the perfect grandchild and perfect parents in electronic format.

Incidently did you notice that "ministry of magic" acronym in book 7 is MOM. I think there is a correlation with "I don't like your methods" and forced childhood labor as expressed in your blog and b's comment.

Lynda said...

I love the blog and look at it daily, i am not sure of the haircut but she is the cutest baby I have ever seen, and I love her sense of style!!!

Lynda said...

I have changed my mind on the haircut, the cutest, my grandchild and her grandma lynda have the same opinion of fashion!!!