The life and times of the Thornburg clan

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My life as a Toddler






I present to you Julianna's complete catalog of photos since she got her camera for Christmas this year. Unfortunately they are in reverse order (oldest are last), but I think that ironically, she does a better job of capturing life with two small children that I do. There is a mix of movement/action shots, still life's (she sets up her toys and takes their pictures), series pics of Nate in action, all her favorite people, and alot of just ordinary life (rob eats cereal, mom feed Nate). Also, if you notice, everyone is happy, smiling and "aping it up" for the camera, which I can never get people to do for more posed "adult" photos. I also love the angles from which everything is taken, it really gives you an interesting perspective. Note whenever she "breaks the fourth wall" and insists that her picture is take, the angle is always from above. It really captures the chaos and the joy of real life. I actually am really impressed, I may stop taking photos myself and just let Julianna be in charge.

I think that the pictures really work best as a big series, almost an installation art piece, so please be patient with the long loading time and enjoy the "full experience" of over 200 photos. Really honestly this is all the pictures. I didn't delete anything except for those that were (1) all black due to lack of flash and (2) all white due too much flash. There are too many for me to comment on each one, but they really do speak for themselves.



























































































































1 comment:

p said...

I can't believe how great her pictures turned out. It's especially great that she can get so many grown ups to ham it up for the camera. We would never do that for an adult with a camera.

Let her keep clicking.