Then, they have these bins of things that have been monogrammed or what not and returned. Half price from regular, plus 20% off that price. (total cost 11$) They had about 50 pack backs in there, and I thought, hey, I bet a Land's End backpack will last longer than some "Dora" backpack from Ebay, plus will be alot more comfortable. So, I said, let's look.
Would you even believe it!? There was a pink backpack, with kittens on it (see below), with the name Juliana!? Now, I am aware that it is spelled wrong (I can, contrary to popular belief spell my own child's name) however, I am fairly certain that is not a major concern to someone who is only somewhat clear on the alphabet. So, I brought it home last night, and let her try it on. SHE LOVED IT!! In fact, she carried it around, "my backpack" and took it to bed with her. She put it very carefully at the end of her bed and told me, "I put it right there, so it be right there when I wake up." This morning I found her snuggled up with the backpack holding on to it. (with some very funny lines on her face) So, it is a big hit. Today she insisted on bringing it to school, but wanted to put it into her bag for carrying, "So I no lose it, Momma".
She also has this ratty sweatshirt that she wears everywhere, which is quite dirty and the cuffs disgusting, however, we sleep in it every night. It is a cheap hoodie from some resort in Florida, with barely there pink color and lots of pilling. The resort name is not even readable any more. She wore it the other night to a BBQ at the Pressman's house, where Margot (4) was. Margot is the little girl who outgrew the jacket, which she also loved. Also there was Jessie (8), who outgrew it before Margot. They descended on JC like locusts and Margot informed her, "You don't feel your self growing, but you do, and then your clothes don't fit, so you know that you growed. Then you have to give up your jackets." So, this is the ratty jacket that keeps on giving evidently.
4 comments:
I love the back pack! The kittens add a lot, cute but grown up cute instead of cutsy.
CUTENESS!
Do you think the backpack will go to Florida, or will you leave it in Rochester so "no lose it."
Margot sounds like she could be a guru when she grows up. I'm sure that comment is totally a little-known Zen koan.
I was planning to put the plane activities into the backpack for the trip, which might just make her apploplectic with joy at the thought of a backpack AND stuff. We will have to see.
You need to add a link from your site to Bethany and Mine! I love the backpack!
Post a Comment